It's never too late: learning Japanese again

"It's never too late", and I would add that sometimes we should indulge in our passions.

    I'm going to pick up Japanese again, I finished a few years ago both the first volume of Minna no Nihongo - 3A Corporation, and the first volume of Japanese for college students - Kodansha USA, then I gave up, I started studying Chinese and tried to forget my passion for the "Land of the Rising Sun".

    For various reasons I feel that today is the time to start again, and I want to restart also through this blog. I want to share my study method and the objectives I will achieve: it will be a way to keep a diary of my progress, review the various textbooks that I have purchased, motivate myself and maybe, who knows, to inspire someone.

    Having already some basic knowledge of Japanese, I don't want to use the typical texts for beginners like Genki - The Japan Times; instead, I've chosen a book that progresses very quickly: Japanese for today - Gakken.

I prefer it not only because, introducing about 3500 words and 1000 kanji, it should bring me, in a single volume, from the elementary (A1 - CEFR) to the intermediate level (B1.1 - CEFR), but also because it is out of edition, and I am always in search of that pleasant "aftertaste" of forgotten foreign language textbooks, after all it's a bit like taking the time machine and going back in time.

For the moment that's all I can say, in the coming weeks I will study the first 15 units (out of 30) and only then will I be able to write a more informed opinion.

Japanese for today - Gakken




Commenti

Post più popolari